Below you will find a full listing of screened facilities that are in need of Ambassador team visits. These are also available in NEON.
NEW OPPORTUNITIES FOR VISITATION
- LANDMARK RECOVERY WAGS provides detox, residential, and an outpatient program. Census is between 20 and 32. Residents are 18 to 60 years old. Visits would be in common area, classroom, or outside courtyard.
2. SUNRISE OF LOUISVILLE is a nursing home requesting WAGS visits.
3. MAGNOLIA SPRINGS LIVING CENTER is a senior living center offering assisted living and memory care.
4. NORTON BROWNSBORO HOSPITAL- The Volunteer director is asking for more visiting teams. Flexible days and times. Free flu shots and TB test. Orientation required.EPISCOPAL 5.CHURCH HOME- The Life Enrichment Coordinator is requesting WAGS to this senior living, rehab and long term care facility.
6.ESSEX NURSING AND REHABILITATION CENTER-
EXISTING OPPORTUNITIES FOR VISITATION
1.FRIENDSHIP MANOR in Crestwood is an assisted living, skilled nursing facility. Hours are flexible. Vaccination record of dog is required.
2. MORNING POINTE is a senior living facility that is requesting more teams. Only 1 team is currently visiting
3.KIDz CLUB houses children ages toddler though school age that are medically fragile and disabled. It serves 3 locations. The administrator is interested in WAGS visits to increase socialization skills, self esteem, and emotional stability.
4. SIGNATURE AT ROCKFORD is a skilled nursing facility and rehab center WAGS will provide an additional option of quality of life
5. SYMPHONY AT VALLEY FARMS is a dementia-memory care center located close to Valley High School.5.JUST FAMILY ADULT DAY CENTER- Adult Day Care Center for adults with multiple disabilities
6.SPANISH COVE INDEPENDENT SENIOR HOUSING
7.BEEHIVE HOMES OF GOSHEN- An assisted living facility.
THERE ARE MORE FACILITIES THAT HAVE BEEN SCREENED BUT HAVE NO VISITING TEAM. PLEASE CLICK ON VISITATION SCHEDULE WHEN IT IS EMAILED TO YOU BY STACIE RUSSEAU (MEMBERSHIP CHAIR) IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ANY OF THESE FACILITIES EMAIL ROSLYNN CURTIS EMAIL email@example.com
NOVEMBER NON-MEDICAL VISITS
ONE TIME ONLY
1.BELLARMINE UNIVERSITY would love for pet therapy teams to visit students for stress relief during finals, on December 11th from 10am until noon.
2.MAIN LIBRARY would love to have teams visit during their Dog Day Event on November 18th beginning at 2pm
1.St. LEONARD CATHOLIC SCHOOL is requesting pet therapy for their primary grades. Their classes are very small and individualized.
2.MIDDLETOWN LIBRARY is requesting pet therapy. Times are flexible.
3.HIGHLANDS-SHELBY PARK branch is requesting pet therapy for their struggling readers. They would like to rotate groups in 15 minute increments.
4. WESTERN LIBRARY would like to add teams for their reading program.
5.SOUTHWEST LOUISVILLE LIBRARY is interested in having teams come out and inform all ages, about the benefits of animal therapy.
6.Village of Park Duvalle would like for teams to come and educate the residents of the benefits of animal assisted therapy.
If you are interested in any of the Non-medical facilities please let Diane Atherton know firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-368-4133